Welcome Back to School!
The Kindergarten Class of 2029 welcome last night at Fred Green Stadium signifies the start of a new school year, and with that, School Committee meetings resume their normal schedule of meetings. The first of which is Tuesday, 23 Aug 2016, at 7 PM in the Aldermanic chamber.
As a reminder, these meetings are open to the public, with public comments welcomed at the very beginning of the meeting. Should you wish to participate during the public comment period, you must arrive a few minutes before 7 PM and sign in.
Should you have any topics or proposals you wish the School Committee would deliberate on, do not hesitate to get your proposal to me, in writing, and I will ensure the MSC gives it public consideration. Please note: due to Open Meeting Law requirements, any proposal you give me may be pushed to the following meeting to enable it to be in the agenda packet for the public to see.
Lastly, I want to remind everyone of the Joint Letter between the Melrose Human Rights Commission and Melrose Police Department regarding the racial violence of the Summer nationally and what they are doing locally about it. The letter can be found here.
School Committee Meeting Agenda, 23 Aug 2016
There will be votes on:
The Consent Agenda, consisting of
- School Committee Meeting Minutes from 26 July 2016
- The Personnel Report (pg. 4)
- The Monthly Budget Summary (pg. 6)
- And the Warrants (6, totaling $226,473.17, pg. 23)
- Education Programs and Personnel: Approval of District Officers (pg. 78)
- Facilities and Finance: Salaries for Non-Union Employees (pg. 79)
- Policy and Planning: Field Trip Policy IJOA (second vote, pg. 83)
School Committee Chair
- Superintendent Evaluation Final Report (pg. 92)
- Approval of Site Council Election Processes (pg. 141)
There may be discussion on:
- Safe Routes to Schools (pg. 3)
- Educational Programs and Personnel:
- Competency Based Education (pg. 62)
- Finance and Facilities:
- Rental Agreement Review (pg. 80)
- Summer Update (pg. 81)
School Committee Chair
- Superintendent Salary (not previewed in agenda packet)
- Superintendent Goal Setting Process and Expectations (not previewed in agenda packet)
- Rolling Agenda (pg. 143)
- Liaison Reports (not previewed in agenda packet)
Agenda Packet: http://melrosecityma.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=2655&Inline=True